The Healing Power Of Nature

For a couple of days, I have been down. Not physically sick but just emotionally and mentally drained as a result of some circumstances I am currently facing. It's funny I say that right? Are we all not facing this devastating pandemic? I don't even want to give "it" the honour of calling its name but we all know what I am talking about. 


Picture Credit: Cindy Gustafson

When I get into moods like this, all I want is stillness, I mean absolute stillness. What I did was to get a chair, brought it in front of a large airy window, withdrew the curtain a bit and sat in front of it. I propped my feet up on the window sill (the window is low) and just breathed. As I stared out into the nature in front of me, the greenery, the birds chirping, the wind blowing against my skin, I felt revived and rejuvenated. I could feel each cell in my body getting the healing it needed.


Picture Credit: Pixabay

The hands of nature massaged me and took away all the stress I had bottled up inside. I released my self and just stayed calm. All along I was sipped on a hot cup of freshly made Black Ginger Tea (recipe coming soon).

Have you had it up to your neck with worries, stress, anxiety and the likes?


Picture Credit: Martin Damboldt

Practice this and you would be stunned by how much better you would feel! If you have a garden or you are close to nature, or a beach (after lockdown), get out there and just relax.

Comments

Popular Posts