Don't get High Blood Pressure because of Social Media!

On the Blessing Okoro saga or scandal that occurred recently, I am not surprised at all. I have always known that a lot of people live fake lives on Instagram, Facebook etc..
Don't get intimidated or have high blood pressure because of the flamboyance that some people project on Social Media. Some really do have the opulence while some really don't. They are just faking it and even if they actually do have the wealth, why kill yourself with worry? One day as long as you keep working smart and hard, you will get there.
Why lie? Telling people you own something that you don't! Some people have 'liver' o! Ehn! A whole mansion? I even heard the G-Wagon she flaunted on her Instagram handle wasn't hers either.
Let me tell you something, I am currently using a basic mobile phone, the one some people call 'palasa' phone and I am not in anyway feeling inferior, ashamed or embarrassed at all. I carry my phone proudly wherever I go. Is it because I can't afford to buy an android phone? No! I can buy one anytime I want but I have other important needs and priorities right now than getting an android phone. When I feel I am ready to buy one, I will! 
The kind of phone you own doesn't determine who you are.
So don't feel pressured to lie or pretend to be something you are not because of the fake luxurious life some people are living. You don't know what's going on behind their closed doors.
We all have different journeys we are embarking on. Stay in your lane. Be proud and be content with what you have and what you are while striving for a better tomorrow.
By God's grace, we will all be extremely successful.

Comments

Popular Posts