Fake Fish Roll: I Almost Vomited!

I can't believe the deceit! I fully regret buying the so called fish roll. It should rather be called 'trash roll'! I had to skip breakfast this morning because I was running late. The usual helter-skelter morning routine of being a mom had the best of me. I was rushing to drop off my little princess in school so I decided to buy a fish roll from one of these roadside snack sellers. The fish roll really looked enticing at first sight. "It must be really nice!' I said to myself. I waited to get to work just so that I could relish this fake fish roll with a cup of hot coffee.

I made the steaming cup of hot coffee, settled down to take a bite of it and a las! What did I taste? Pure crap! The pastry was soggy inside (not well cooked), there wasn't even a single fish bone not to talk of fish! All I saw was some yellow disgusting mess inside it! My stomach churned in anger and disdain! If you call something fish roll, then let it have fish and make it well! A total waste of money and I was left with the urge to vomit. I had to throw it away. There is also a popular Nigerian food brand that makes packaged sausage rolls but instead of meat it's filled with what looks like 'pink colouring' nothing close to sausage with a very bland taste. May God help us in Nigeria!



Comments

Popular Posts