3 No-Nonsense Healthy Ways to Lose that Stubborn Weight Fast!


You might have just given up on losing weight because you have done just about everything. You have tried several diets, different slimming teas, herbal concoctions, cooking food without oil, weight loss pills, fasting etc…and nothing seems to be working for you. There are so many weight loss options gnawing at you and it could be quite confusing. So, how do you lose this weight? Can I really lose this weight? You ask yourself. I have been there. I was very slim during my secondary school days and I ate just about anything and everything. You name it: eba (my spelling check software keeps asking me if I meant ebay lol!), ice-cream, pounded yam! I love my Nigerian food. I ate lots and lots of sugar and I was still very slender. In fact I looked like I was not even eating enough but as I got older; the weight just kept piling on even though I tried to watch what I ate. It became very hard to lose weight.


I had to do something fast because I hated not being able to fit well into my clothes but finally I was able to win the battle over losing weight. I will share with you some proven, no-nonsense ways to lose weight. I have personally tried them and they worked really well for me. It takes discipline, dedication, hard work and sacrifice but it would be worth it in the end. You are not going to starve don’t worry. Here are the No-Nonsense Healthy Ways to lose that Stubborn Weight Fast!



Stop Overeating

This one is quite difficult. It was for me. How could you not overeat when that food is too delicious? When you are eating that mouth-watering meal, it takes extra strength to stop when your stomach keeps telling you: “I am full o!” but you don’t stop because that big fried meat keeps tempting you. I understand but if you want to lose weight you just have to stop as soon as you are full not too full that your stomach would want to explode. According to a study published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” in 2002, people who were served a larger portion consumed more calories than when they were served a small portion of the same food. Our body has been wired to give us signals. 


When you are sick, you will feel it so also will you know when your stomach has had enough, it would tell you. You don’t need to starve yourself to lose weight by eating too little food. If you eat too little, you will be hungry and you start reaching for snacks that would satiate your hunger before the next meal. These snacks will give you extra calories that will make you gain weight. According to reports, eating 50 to 100 extra calories per day can add up to a 10 pound gain in a year. To lose weight you would have to discipline yourself to stop eating as soon as you are full.



Reduce Your Sugar Intake


Sugar is so much a part our lives and our diet. I don’t think there is a home where you would not find sugar. Sugar is in almost everything we eat but eating too much sugar can make you gain a lot of weight.



Dr. Jim Mann, DM, PhD, Professor of Human Nutrition and Medicine at the University of Otago and his team did a study on the link between dietary sugars and body weight in adults and children.  They found out that adults that reduced their sugar intake lost an average of 1.7 pounds over a period of eight months. The World Health Organization recommends a daily sugar intake of less than 10%.

Personally I used to pour a lot of sugar into my teas; I couldn’t drink tea without sugar but I gradually weaned myself from it. You don’t need to stop eating sugar completely but use it moderately. Instead of four cubes of sugar for your tea, you can use just two. Soft drinks contain a lot of sugar. Reduce that as well. Limit the eating of any food that has too much sugar. My weight started reducing drastically as soon as I reduced my sugar intake. Try it. It is almost magical. You will be amazed at how quickly your weight would drop like flies.

Start Exercising
Exercising is not easy to get into. We have a lot going on already and adding exercise might just be a bother but a sure way to lose weight is to exercise. It is not enough to exercise for a week and stop. It has to be consistent. It might take up to a month of exercising before you start seeing results. Research shows that getting regular physical activity is the only way to maintain weight loss. 




Doing a combination of cardiovascular and strength training exercises would help you burn excess fat in your body. Cardio exercise is any exercise that raises your heart rate like running, kick-boxing etc... while strength training exercises are any type of exercise that specializes in the use of resistance to induce muscular contraction e.g. squats, bicep curls, push-ups etc…

The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends adults aged 18-64 should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity weekly and strength training exercises two (2) or more days a week. You can sign up at a gym or get exercise videos and workout at home. You can also start gradually by walking then increase the intensity of exercise gradually.

There you have it. Three No-Nonsense Healthy ways to lose that stubborn Weight fast! Give it a try. Start today. If you don’t keep up, start again tomorrow. Make sure you don’t quit. Keep at it and in no time you would get your figure back.
Any comments or are there any other ways to lose weight that you have tried that worked really well for you? Please share below. Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Any weight loss tips & tricks to share? Please share below.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts